Stainless steel Kitchens are clean, minimalist and can be designed in different color palettes. They blend with any look and decor. They can aptly be called the ‘kitchens of today’.
There was a time in the not so distant past, when kitchens used to be carved out of stone. From the cabinet carcass to kitchen counters, it was considered a strong and sturdy base to weather the onslaught of cooking and cleaning for decades.
Gradually, natural wood began to gain popularity as a material of choice in designing kitchens. Since solid wood was sturdy, available in plenty and could be easily carved into shapes and designs of choice, they began to be used everywhere in the cooking space, from countertops to cabinets, tables and even false ceilings.
Natural wood was further replaced by compressed wood. Because of the excessive use of oak, teak and rosewood in designing kitchens as well as furniture for the rest of the home, it put a toll on this natural resource and the kitchen material came to be replaced by compressed wood, i.e Medium Density Fiberwood (MDF) and Plywood. These are durable, sturdy, have a versatile set of properties that fits in with the kitchen needs and also gives the same look and feel as natural wood.
Off-late, another material has slowly come to become a much sought after base for designing modern modular cooking spaces. This material is as durable as the others, but comes with a long shelf life and has the ability to weather the rigorous use kitchens are put to.
Stainless steel, which was previously only used as a base material in construction is slowly gaining popularity in the designing of modern kitchens. Although commercial kitchens have been using them since many years, mainly for their strength and ease of maintenance, domestic kitchens are slowly opening up to the possibilities that stainless steel kitchens offer.
Stainless steel creates an industrial look. It is clean, minimalist and blends in well with the kitchen, especially when appliances such as ovens and refrigerator share the same material.
Below are a few attributes that stainless kitchens have, that make them a must-have in the kitchen;
- Stainless steel kitchens denote sturdiness and efficiency, the main reason for their use in commercial kitchens
- These kitchens are practical and long lasting, take the wear and tear and staining that most Indian kitchens witness
- Stainless steel kitchens are heat resistant and withstand temperature vagaries in cooking that many other materials cannot take
- They are easy to clean and maintain, do not stain easily and most cleaning agents can be used on them
- Metallic accents blend well with any color scheme, from light and bright spaces, to solid, dark palettes. They also tend to create an upscale modern vibe
- Stainless steel kitchens do very well with colored or wood accents. A warm wooden floor, bright splash of cutlery, and an interesting wall décor stand out when surrounded by this neutral material
- Addition of a silver tone, creates uniformity with the rest of the kitchen cutlery and appliances, bringing about a sense of cohesiveness and design symmetry
There are many brands offering stainless steel kitchens, and BETH KITCHENS whom we have recently collaborated with, stand apart for their end-to-end stainless steel kitchen solutions.
Beth Kitchens offer a wide variety of stainless steel products, from countertops, to cabinets, drawer units and door units, hinges and heavy duty fitments. These products come with an entry level specification of commercial grade, a superior deluxe grade and a range of seven colors to choose from. The affordable range uses innovation and researched design to create standardized products, that can be customized as per individual kitchen requirements.