- Color scheme of the home and how the kitchen will blend in with it
- Availability of natural light
- Use of artificial lighting
- Color of appliances (white on white or white contrasting with other colors)
- Color and type of flooring involved
As buyers at HomeLane have observed, our Modular Kitchens feature a variety of color combinations with complementing and contrasting color schemes. The variety can be so humongous that most home owners are left confused, ultimately deciding to go with a neutral black, white or grey color scheme. Kitchens can be colorful. What matters, is using the color palette cleverly to bring out the best in it. Here are a few helpful tips that show the way;
1. LET CABINETS LEAD THE WAY
Choosing the cabinet color as per the style of your home and your personality, helps you work around the color scheme of the rest of the kitchen area. Cabinets make for 50% of your budget and take up about 40% of your kitchen’s visual space, and therefore need prime focus. Next, come the countertops, flooring, backsplash and appliances which are a part of the secondary color scheme. Walls, ceiling and trims, which have to be painted upon, come last. Consider the whole process like fitting in pieces of a puzzle. Everything comes together and flows when this process is followed.